Anger Management Vancouver
Get in-person or online counselling — Get Personalized Help for Anger Management: One-to-One Counselling Sessions.
Anger Management Counselling in Vancouver
Are you feeling resentful and angry most of the time? Learn how to better deal with difficult emotions and situations.
Do you yell, storm out, throw things or slam doors when you get angry?
Do your family, friends and co-workers tell you that you need to get a grip? Have your relationships suffered because of your anger?
At Well Beings Counselling our therapists can help you learn the reasons behind your anger as well as effective tools and techniques to manage your anger.
If you know why you are getting angry and specifically how to handle your anger when it arises, you are on the road to anger management.
What Causes Anger Issues?
There are many common triggers for anger, such as losing your patience, family problems, financial stress, being passed on for a promotion at work, feeling as if your opinion or efforts aren’t appreciated, and injustice.
Other causes of anger include memories of traumatic or enraging events and worrying about personal problems.
The following are some other possible causes of anger issues in your life.
Interested in a Free consultation?
Anger Issues Symptoms
The signs and symptoms of anger can vary from person to person. Anger affects the mind and body in a variety of ways.
- Physical Symptoms
- increased blood pressure
- increased heart rate
- tingling sensation
- muscle tension
- shaking or trembling
- Emotional Symptoms
- feeling overwhelmed
Therapy Modalities Used To Treat Anger
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This is one of the most commonly used approaches for anger management. CBT helps individuals identify and change thought patterns that lead to anger and learn healthier ways to respond to anger triggers.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): DBT is a type of CBT that teaches mindfulness, emotional regulation, and distress tolerance skills. These skills can be particularly helpful for individuals with intense, quickly changing emotions, including anger.
- Mindfulness-Based Therapies: These therapies, which include meditation and deep breathing, can help individuals become more aware of their anger as they arise, allowing them to manage these feelings more effectively.
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT): This approach focuses on finding solutions in the present time and exploring one’s hope for the future to find a quicker resolution to one’s problems. This can be helpful for individuals who are motivated to make quick changes.
- Psychodynamic Therapy: This approach brings forward unconscious thoughts and behaviours, helping individuals understand their anger roots.
- Art Therapy or Expressive Therapies: These therapies can help individuals express their anger safely and creatively, which can be particularly helpful for individuals who struggle to express their feelings verbally.
As counsellors in Vancouver, we can help you overcome symptoms
Regardless of its Cause, Anger Management Counselling Can Help
You may doubt whether therapy will help you overcome your anger...
Skepticism is understandable – especially if you’ve not been able to get relief in the past.
It can feel hopeless.
And yet – we encourage you to not give up hope…
It is Possible to Reduce - and Even Manage Your Anger
Anger is a normal human reaction that everyone experiences. As therapists, we’ll help you recognize the warning signs, and change the negative thought patterns.
Our compassion, training, and skills will help you have a calmer and more fulfilling life.
Regardless of who you are or the struggles you’re having, We can help you get your life back.
You can tell us your struggles and we’ll let you know how we can help you with anger. If you live in Vancouver, call us at 604-305-0104 to book an appointment today.
Location in Downtown Vancouver: Jameson House
Vancouver Location + Hours + Transport
There is street parking available on W. Hastings, W. Cordova, Hornby and Howe st.
If you are not able to find street parking, there are a few parking lots that are available near the office.