CBT Counselling Vancouver
Get in-person or online counselling — Transform Your Thinking and Overcome Mental Health Challenges with CBT Counselling.
Cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT)
Cognitive-behavioural therapy is a process that’s designed to increase our positive moods and behaviors. It focuses on the relationship between one’s thoughts, emotions, and behavior – which can sometimes be at least partially fueled by negative thought patterns about oneself such as feeling incompetent or worthless.
It is hard to control which thoughts come up in our minds, but we can change the things that happen when those thoughts do. CBT therapy is an excellent way of doing this.
Your stuck in a dark place. You may be feeling like this road you’re on is long and winding, but the good news is we have an answer that can help get you out of it. CBT approaches are short term practices focused on self care so take your first step by booking with us to start getting back up again
Psychological Disorders Treated:
Interested in a Free 15-minute consultation?
CBT is a useful tool for:
Individual therapy programs are collaboratively developed during initial assessment sessions.
Our treatment focuses directly on the client’s symptoms and enhancing commitment to one’s values, which is achieved through workshops that help individuals identify their strengths and weaknesses in order for us to know how we can best serve them as a therapist or counsellor.
Anxiety is a debilitating and often crippling feeling that can be felt in so many different places, whether it’s at home or on an airplane.
That’s why we help clients face anxiety where they experience it – no matter the place because this makes it easier for them to practice their skills between sessions which are fundamental components of CBT and what make CBT so effective.
It is our combination of science, creativity, as well as emphasis on consistent skill practices that helps give people back control over not only how they feel but also how they live every day life.
Benefits of CBT Therapy
- Skill Development: CBT equips individuals with practical and useful strategies to manage and cope with various life challenges. These skills can be applied to current problems and used for future issues.
- Problem-Solving: CBT helps individuals learn to identify and change destructive or disturbing thought patterns that negatively influence behaviour and emotions.
- Short-Term Therapy: CBT is generally considered among the faster types of therapy. It’s designed to be completed relatively quickly, typically between 5 to 20 sessions.
- Evidence-Based: CBT is one of the most researched types of therapy, showing effectiveness in treating various conditions, including depression, anxiety disorders, substance use problems, marital problems, eating disorders, and severe mental illness.
- Improved Self-Esteem: CBT can improve self-esteem and overall self-image by helping individuals challenge their negative beliefs about themselves.
- Better Communication: CBT can help improve interpersonal relationships through better communication and understanding of one’s and others’ behaviours.
- Coping with Loss or Trauma: CBT can help individuals manage grief or feelings related to traumatic experiences that are not diminishing over time.
- Managing Chronic Physical Symptoms: CBT can be beneficial in managing symptoms of chronic physical conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
- Preventing Relapse: CBT can help individuals learn techniques to prevent relapse after successfully treating depression or substance use disorders.
- Adaptable: CBT can be adapted to suit a wide range of individuals and various settings, and it can be delivered in various formats, including individual, group, and self-help.
The sooner you get help, the sooner you’ll be on your way to enjoying a more relaxed, stable and enjoyable life.
Extended Health Plan Coverage
Every insurance plan is different and will provide different levels of coverage. If you require coverage for sessions please contact your plan provider before your first session to ensure that your plan covers counselling or psychotherapy.
CBT Therapy Cost
Location in Downtown Vancouver: Jameson House
Vancouver Location + Hours + Transport
There is street parking available on W. Hastings, W. Cordova, Hornby and Howe st.
If you are not able to find street parking, there are a few parking lots that are available near the office.