Counselling For Men
Get in-person or online counselling — We Can Help You Understand and resolve your feelings. Book a free consultation today.
Therapy For Men - Time To Take off The Mask
Getting support isn’t a sign of weakness, but of personal empowerment towards profound change. Let your healing journey begin here, book free consultation today.
Men face unique challenges and pressures in their everyday lives, particularly regarding how to deal with and communicate feelings.
This belief system that men are somehow less manly or weak for showing emotions has caused generations to question the inner experience they have struggled with making meaning throughout life.
At Well Beings Counselling, our therapists can help you learn the reasons, create a plan, and give you practical tools and techniques to manage your emotions.
Regardless of its Cause, Therapy Can Help Men
What You May Be Experiencing
Regardless of whether your issues relate to your own personal traumas, childhood negligence, low self-esteem, stress, mental illness, interpersonal relationships, or just life in general, our team is ready to help.
Although most are encouraged from a young age to be strong and toughen up, men also feel strong emotions. It is not a weakness but a sign of strength.
Want online therapy? Start sessions instantly— no logins or passwords required. Stress-free and easy to use.
Stop yelling, hiding, and blaming. The pressures to fit the mold might be wearing you down. Counselling can help.
In life, we all experience different concerns that are worth exploring. Whether it be in the aspects and stages of our relationships with others or even just getting through each day-to-day task; men can benefit from having someone they trust by their side during these times which will make them feel more confident about themselves overall.
At Well Beings, we implement Evidence-Based Practices that have been proven by research to be effective. We specialize in male-focused depression, anxiety, trauma and emotional regulation.
Because men are often reluctant to acknowledge emotional problems, mental health disorders in men go undiagnosed. This situation has been called a “silent crisis.”
According to Statistics Canada, men are more than three times more likely to commit suicide than women, and middle-aged persons (aged 40-59) have the highest suicide rates in Canada. Suicide Prevention Canada’s website states that there is a “hidden epidemic” among middle-aged men concerning suicide.
Men and mental health
Many men face internal struggles, and many want to ask for help. However, many do not ask because they are afraid of looking weak. We want you to know that these struggles do not make you less of a man.
Therapy Options for Men
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- The principles of CBT and its effectiveness for men
- Addressing thought patterns and behaviours
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Emotion regulation and distress tolerance skills
- Improving interpersonal relationships
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Accepting thoughts and feelings without judgment
- Committing to actions in line with personal values
Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT)
- A goal-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Efficient, time-sensitive therapy option for men
- Exploring the unconscious mind and early experiences
- Understanding the roots of emotional issues
- Providing a non-verbal outlet for emotional expression: Art therapy allows men to communicate and process complex emotions creatively, without the pressure of traditional conversation.
- Enhancing self-awareness and personal growth: Engaging in artistic activities helps men explore their inner world, uncover hidden emotions, and develop a deeper understanding of themselves and their mental health.
Life Coaching For Men
- Results-driven techniques to help you understand yourself and acquire the skills to improve your life
- Our life coaching for men services for men provide expert guidance and support specifically tailored to the unique needs of men