Dealing with depression during self-isolation and quarantine: remote therapy sessions can help
Our Kitsilano Counsellors can help you turn a depressed and foggy mind into a clear one…
The effects of depression can be so punishing that it becomes hard to complete the basic tasks of daily living. The right kind of psychotherapy can help immensely.
Depression is sometimes accompanied by anger, anxiety, self-harming behaviours, addiction, OCD and a variety of other symptoms. In truth, getting help with depression often has a positive effect on other symptoms as well.
Overall, therapy for your depressed mood can make a significant difference in how you feel, think and act.
How Do I Know If I Have Depression?
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness
- Loss of interest in daily activities
- Appetite or weight changes.
- Sleep changes
- Anger or irritability
- Loss of energy
- Reckless behaviour
- Concentration problems
- Unexplained aches and pains
Interested in a Free consultation?
CBT Treatments For Depression May Include:
- Assessment and re-evaluation of problematic ways of thinking.
- CBT is based on the concept that your thoughts, feelings, physical sensations and actions are interconnected, and that negative thoughts and feelings can trap you in a vicious cycle. CBT aims to help you deal with overwhelming problems in a more positive way by breaking them down into smaller parts.
- We aim to break this cycle by approaching these problems differently, by engaging in different behaviours, this will create a new cycle.
- We will do this by collaborating on realistic goals that will promote success rather than failure.
Clinical depression is a common but serious illness. Many people with depression never seek treatment. But the majority, even those with the most severe depression, can get better with treatment.
CBT can effectively treat people with depression, helping people learn skills to reverse negative thinking habits.
Depression Counselling in Kitsilano and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
The Benefits of Anxiety Therapy with Us
Consider seeking professional help if you have trouble controlling your worry and trying things on your own doesn’t seem to have much effect.
If your anxiety significantly interferes with your work, family, or social life and if you have experienced anxiety on most days during a six-month period it is also a good idea to seek help.
You can have the life that you’ve been longing for.